Friday, February 13, 2009

Who let the dogs out?

Grandma & Grandpa brought over their puppy last night to stay the weekend while they are in Vegas celebrating with my sister while she renews her vows. Well okay, she's not exactly a puppy, but she reminds me of one. She is a Shi Tzu and full of energy. We are also dog watching Mater for my brother who is also heading to Vegas so it should be a fun experience. Savannah has just fallen in love with Bella! She goes around singing, "B for Bella, B for Bella." And Last night she said, "We need to get a dog for me."

Bear is funny cause he wants to play with her as if she were a full size dog. He doesn't understand and when we warn him to be careful he looks at us with his sad eyes as if to say, "I'm sorry, I'm just so excited!" Just wait until Mater gets here. He is a healer and I am not sure if he is the same size as Bear but nonetheless will be a great play date.

What's more is that my friend called this morning to let me know there are some baby pugs in the classifieds that need a good home and so maybe, just maybe mind you, if all goes well we could have a puppy tonight!

Now we've been wanting a pug for a while so it is not like this would be on a whim or anything. And last night while watching TV just before bed I was just thinking myself too how natural it felt to have that little ball of love curled up to my side. Interesting how things come to play sometimes. Just like when we got Bear. We had lost our other dog to an accident and was still sad and lonely without her and here this puppy was dropped off at our house and needing a place to stay. Not that we forgot about our other dog, but that someone new came into our life and for a reason I feel. But then again I always feel things happen for a reason.

Once again I sit here and am still perplexed in how I've grown to love dogs. I have always hated them from since I could remember. I was scared of them, they barked and were annoying, they had stinky breath, they were overbearing and required too much attention. But after having one of my own I am wrong. They are so full of love and you are always their hero. They follow you around and endlessly keep you company.

No comments: