Friday, June 10, 2005

Ouch!

Well Michael had his wisdom teeth pulled today...he's doing good as far as I can tell. I've got to make sure to keep on top of the pain. The part he hated the most was when he woke up and his lip was numb. Couldn't drink his shake very well I guess. I think he thought it would be worse than what it is, but he likes the special treatment of being taken care of and the extra goodies to eat that he normally doesn't get, who wouldn't?

So instead of buying canned clam chowder to give him for dinner, I thought, why don't I just make it? It's actually cheaper to make than to buy already made, and why not? I have the day off. I can be a stay at home mom for a day, right? Well we'll see how it turns out...it's been since around Christmas time that I made it last. I"ve got home made bread in the breadmaker (of course it's not really home made you know) so if anything goes wrong we can mop up the chowder with the bread. I'm sure it will be fine, since my good friend Lauri, who moved to Montana and I miss by the way , taught me how to do it. Of course I'll never make it the same as she does, but it's worth one hell of a try, or two...

No comments: